Trinity Church Centre
Postcode:- LA14 5HT
We meet for worship every Sunday morning at 11 am and there is coffee available in the lounge from 10.15 am.
4.00pm (winter) or 6.30pm (summer) Evening Service (check current edition of Newslink for details
2 4 T – an afternoon to be entertained, chat, and enjoy yourself, as well as our service at Risedale, Play any Board Game and the Lent course. What’s not to like?
· 4.00pm Our evening service is being led by Mr Tim Jeffries
· 11am Service at Risedale Retirement Home. Everyone is welcome at this service
· 7.30-10.30pm ‘Play any Board Game’ in the lounge. Are you an adult who thinks they might like playing strategic board games, then come and try this – you’ll have a great time!
· 4.00pm Our Minister, Rev Jennet McLeod, is leading this Reflective service. This kind of service give time to pause and think – come along and try it
· 2 to about 4pm, 2 for T in the lounge. You don’t have to come to this in twos. Come by yourself and enjoy what’s on offer – refreshments, something to entertain you, and good company. (No charge). This time Zena Smith is going to entertain is with a bit more about her ‘Life before Ministry’. It’ll be entertaining, so don’t miss it!
· This is the beginning of our Lent course. We’re joining with the Baptist church for our Lent course. Look out on our Facebook group and Facebook page for the finalised arrangements.
· 2-about 4pm – Something new – a JIGSAW AFTERNOON! Never heard of such a thing? Well, it’s an afternoon of doing jigsaws – but with a twist. It’s a fun competition where you work with others to complete a jigsaw. Part way through there’s a break for really delicious refreshments, and then you continue with the jigsaw. There are prizes, and fun. It costs £3.50. You can pay at the door, but if you intend to come please let us know by replying to this email, so we can make sure there’s enough food for everyone
Our regular weekday activities
·12.45 – 2.45pm parent & toddler group
·7 to about 9pm Bible study
·1.30 – 3.45pm indoor bowls
·5.30 – 7pm Brownies, for girls 7 to 10 years old
·5.45 – 6.45pm Rainbows, for girls 5 to 7 years old
·7.15 – 9pm Guides, for girls 10 to 14 years old
·7.15 – 9pm Senior Guides, for girls 14 years old to 25 years old
·9.30 – 11.30am parent & toddler group
·6.15 – 7.30pm junior badminton
·7.30 – 10pm badminton
·8.45 – 9.30am prayer group
·6 – 8pm Brownies, for girls 7 to 10 years old
·1.00 – 4pm badminton
Trinity Church Centre, Warwick St, Barrow, LA14 5HT
To stop receiving emails from TCC please reply, No thank, you to this email
Facebook: Trinity Church Centre
Trinity Church Centre (A Brief History) –
‘We’ll go in the strength of the Lord’ is our motto and anniversary hymn, first sung as we left our premises for the massive refurbishment programme to commence, and as we rejoiced when our ‘new church’ was blessed on completion.
Trinity Church Centre began life as several churches – Abbey Methodist, Hawcoat Methodist and Emmanuel URC. Situated on the main road in to the town centre of Barrow-in-Furness, we came together in 1991, in what was the Abbey Methodist building. It underwent massive refurbishment and restyling to provide us with an accessible building, comprising a fully adaptable, upstairs worship area, a lift being available for those who have a need for it. The worship area is set up with an audio visual facility, and there are further meeting rooms off the main room. Downstairs we have a large lounge with coffee bar, large, fully equipped kitchen, and storage, as well as an offset small chapel which is used for evening and occasional services. There are various meeting rooms, and a large multi-use games hall.
Many organisations meet within our premises on a regular basis. We have good links with the WI and the Civic Society, Toddlers, Steelworks Brass band as well as our own bible study, Guiding groups, indoor bowls, badminton and Women on Wednesday. Our monthly coffee mornings are hosted by different groups of the church, and are a vital link with the local community as well as the United Area. At this time a prayer room is available for anyone who wishes to make use of it.
On a Thursday mornings we meet for a dedicated prayer time, to complement the prayer book which is always available. We also have a small but dedicated Junior Church who enjoy sharing in worship. We have All Age and Parade services once a term. There is an evening healing service each month and also a monthly reflective act of worship using words, music, images and silence to aid our reflection. We also have joint services with the United Area, the nearby Baptist Church, the Barrow Mission Community and Churches Together in Barrow and District.
Trinity Church Centre is part of the South West Cumbria United Area – the Methodist Church and United Reformed Church working together in South West Cumbria.